Wednesday, October 7, 2015

Sean Korzeniewski - Model for Printing!



Intent:

Obviously my intent was to create my own light-saber from simple objects in Rhino. I had a lot of fun creating this model and adding materials in order to make it look really shiny and interesting. I wanted my flashlight sleeve to be something that I could enjoy working on and look forward to printing so I themed it off of one of favorite science fiction series/universe. I went back in to my original model and followed the template that professor Scott made for us in hopes that I will be able to effectively use this sleeve!

Techniques:

I mainly used the difference tool in order to create the empty space within my model as well as the unique shape of the blade guard. Most of my other objects were manipulated with array polar and the mirroring tool. I also employed the use of ortho snap and grid snap a lot in order to get everything lined up exactly where it needed to be.

Materials:

For the materials I chose a different color of metal for every layer. The series of cylindrical grips were colored copper which I changed the hue of slightly because I wanted it to look a little darker in order to contrast with the other colored metals. The main body of the saber is finished with polished chrome in order to look as shiny as possible. The areas where the emitter and button are located are colored with a black chrome in order to contrast with the body as much as possible. The underlay of the copper grips is colored with a darkened gold so that the reflection is carried inside the ligh-saber, very fancy-like.

No comments:

Post a Comment