Monday, October 5, 2015

Cesar Zapata 3D Printed Model: Dodecahedron







     The idea for the die was that I wanted to have a 3D model that I could carry with me and use it whenever there is a scenario that calls to test their luck with probability. Hopefully the actual printed model of the die will look just as smooth as the Keyshot version of the Die

     Originally I was constructing the die within Rhino using the polygon tool, reflection, 2D/3D rotation tools however Mr. Scott presented me a significantly easier alternative. Using Maya, we were able to construct a dodecahedron with literally a few clicks of a mouse in an instant. After importing and scaling the die in rhino, the numbers were etched using "Solid text tool" and were placed by OrientOnSurface.

     Only two materials were applied to this die in Keyshot. I used "Smooth Plastic Beige" for the die since it was the "friendliest" color for the die and is easy to look at after a period of time. The material used for the numbers was "Soft Shiny Red" to give it a contrast and to create emphasis of each roll, since Red is an alarming color that always stands out.

No comments:

Post a Comment