Monday, October 26, 2015

Simon Fields: Week 10 Laser Evgraving


I decided to draw my own characters for the engraving project. Though I need to still format them correctly and fix anything in Photoshop and Illustrator, I am really excited with what I am doing. I always loved the concept of cute and creepy things and how far I can go with them. I also the contrast of dark versus light things when I draw. I'm hoping with however I trace up my two images in Illustrator and get them engraved, that I can go and add the color back to them.

After trying to simplify these drawings I realized that their gray shapes would end up to be more complicated and too intricate to fix; so I decided to go for something different, and more simple. So I chose the picture(s) below to edit and format into Illustrator.

 I was really happy with how the engraving came out, and I was really excited to start painting it. Unfortunately, i didn't have any normal brushes small enough to color in the spaces so intricately, so i decided to use my eyeliner brush to paint this piece with. The outlines, were  especially hard to get, because even my eyeliner brush was a bit large, but somehow i managed to get them painted without making too much of a mess outside of the lines.

I mainly used art programs called Paint ToolSai, and Manga Studio 5 to sketch and paint images. I did Cell shading I tend to do more in my other art.


2 comments:

  1. Just now I entered into this wonderful ATEC design world and happy to get through this awesome laser engraving project. Basically, wanted to collect some good and unique information on laser technology especially laser marking for my research work. While searching the title of the post came across to me. Anyway, not for flattering, honestly the engraved images drown by you were very beautiful. I really enjoyed the images of devil and angle boy and also kindergarten classes. The work details you presented was also a good read. Thanks you very much for your brilliant stuff. Also I feel a deep desire to share a site as this site is tech educative especially for the students www.heatsign.com can contribute a bit at least to the interested students.

    ReplyDelete