Sunday, January 31, 2016

Charlotte Guzman-Russell: Week 1 - Castle


Concept: For my model, I was inspired by crystal formations because they remind me of castle or pillars. I have taken a few geology courses in the past so I find crystals and mineral formations very interesting. I googled various images of amethyst crystal clusters to help me visualize what I wanted.


Techniques: I heavily utilized the Polar Array tool to make the "crystals" perfectly symmetrical with each other. I also used the offset function for the Polar Array tool to give the top crystals to make the model some what asymmetrical. I used pyramid and cube primitives to create the crystal shape.

 Materials: I wanted my castle to look ominous, but elegant like a piece of jewelry. I used a black, highly reflective material for the base and gold and the warm emissive light materials for the extraneous pieces. I like the effect of the emissive light on the reflective materials because it gives the illusion of the object being more spiky than it actually is.


No comments:

Post a Comment