Saturday, January 30, 2016

Tara Intyrath: Week 1 - Castle

Concept: When I saw that our first 3D assignment, the first thing I thought of was a Japanese-style castle. One of my bucket list items is to one day travel to Japan and learn about their history and culture so it was only natural that it was the first thing I thought of. To help me get started I just googled searched Japanese castles and used the images presented to me as inspiration. 

Techniques: To make this castle, I used a lot of the solid tools to make generic shapes and overlaid them over one another using mostly the box, pyramid, and truncated pyramid shapes. I also made use of the polyline tool to make the custom shape of the gates and the sides of the bridges that connect the center tower to the outside corner towers. I made use of the ExtrudeCrv command for the custom polyline shapes.

Materials: Japanese castles are mostly made with stones and woods so I decided to only use those types of materials on my castle. I honestly had a hard time choosing what materials to make and how to edit them to my liking. I used stone materials for the gates, castle bases/bodies, and the ground. For the bridges and roofs I used wood materials. 

No comments:

Post a Comment