Sunday, January 31, 2016

Victoria Mayfield: Flashlight


Concept: My concept for my flashlight was just to keep it as simple and clean as possible. I didn't want to try to add too much to a straightforward piece of equipment. Since I had never used Rhino before I relied heavily on the online tutorials for the flashlight. 



Modeling: The different techniques I used for the flashlight were the cylinder tool, the truncated cone, and a sphere. These basic geometrical shapes helped me to achieve my clean and simple design. The snap and ortho features also helped me to make sure everything was aligned properly. I used the difference tool in order to create a shell for the inside of the flashlight. As well as adding a flat cylinder inside the lens to emulate a film of glass. 



Materials: I chose these materials because they work well with the basic geometry of the flashlight. The metal geometric pattern on the outside of the model is very busy and moves the eye across the piece. This busyness is especially attractive because of how simple the geometry is. I wanted to stick with basic colors, so I chose the metallic chrome exterior, and a more matte black for the button on top of the flashlight to stay with my straightforward theme. The interior flat cylinder is a basic clear glass, since that piece would have light shining through it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment