Sunday, January 31, 2016

Devon Youngbird: Week 1- Castle





ConceptMy design was inspired by traditional castles with a fantasy/sci-fi twist. I think along the way I was inspired by wind chimes or hanging ornaments as well, so I added in rings around it to help promote that concept, and also contrast the blockier shapes of the middle. The diamond shapes to the side were added to help break up the blockiness as well, and even more so- a happy accident. 


Modeling: For this model I followed techniques described in the videos. It mainly consists of using primitive objects to create the shape, followed by the use of booleans to cut out and merge shapes together. I liked the ring idea from the videos, so I added one to help break up the middle area to make the overall composition more interesting. I also used a mirror function to flip the castle upside down, giving a balance to the render. 



Materials: The underlying concept was the idea of a fantasy, sci-fi, castle- thing. I was messing around with different textures inside keyshot and landed on the idea of a wooden material to contrast a glass, sort of like a wind chime or an ornament. I liked how the wood materials contrasted and the yellow glass really helped to add color to the scene. Overall, the materials make me think of a rustic theme- tying into the idea of a wind chime. 

No comments:

Post a Comment