Sunday, January 31, 2016

Christopher Rickett: Week 2 - Flashlight


Concept:  Honestly, I just worked through the tutorial, and expanded on what was there.  I just kept adding to it until it appeared to be something that was fully flesh out. What I ended up with was something that looked like a ruggedized looking flashlight.


Technique:  The techniques that were mostly used to make this model were the different Boolean tools as well as the Polar Array tool. To create the indentions on the grip I used Boolean difference  in tandem with the linear array tool. The Boolean union and difference tools were used in combination to create the on/off switch and outer casing. I also started dabbling with the fillet edge tools such as Chamfer Edge and Blend edge. These tools were used on the end piece that covers the lens to give it a less blocky shape.



Materials:  I stuck to traditional material scheme for my flashlight. For the main shaft of the light, I chose a metal material that has a slight scratched appearance to it.  For the grip around the handle I went with a black mold-tech material because it gave it a rougher look.  There is a clear glass material assigned to lens of the flashlight, and the end covering it  is a black rubber.  As for the button, it is the same rubber as the end, but colored yellow and the case around it is a hard black plastic.

No comments:

Post a Comment