Sunday, January 31, 2016

Victoria Mayfield: Duck



Concept: My concept for the model was a cute toy rubber ducky. I wanted the whole piece to be seamless except for his giant cute eyes popping out. I also used the online tutorial in order to come up with the concept of my duck. 



Modeling: The tools I used for my duck model include the use of the sphere tool and the ellipsoid tool. I made use of control points, as well as set points in order to shape the duck's body. I also used control points to shape the duck's face and bill. In order to separate the head from the bill I used a curve and the split tool. The blend tool was ideal for combining the head and body geometry seamlessly into one. I wanted the eyes to be somewhat popping out of the head in order to achieve a more toy like appearance. 



Materials: For the materials I wanted to mimic the shiny exterior that a rubber duck toy would have. I used a bright yellow reflective material for the body of the duck. For the bill, I used a more matte orange color in order to contrast from the bright colored rubber body. The eyes are basic white and black matte colors and appear to be lifeless, to go along with the toy theme.

No comments:

Post a Comment