Sunday, January 31, 2016

Charlotte Guzman-Russell: Week 2 - Duck & Flashlight


Concept: For this model, I wanted to make it look very sleek and aerodynamic kind of like futurist sculptures. I wanted it to look like it could be a dashboard ornament or like those endlessly drinking bird toys.

Technique: I used the Select Points tool to distort the primitive shapes to be more pointy. I also used curves to cut into the mesh to separate the beak and the wings. I used the blend tool to merge the head and body and create a neck.

Materials: I used a black metallic material for the duck's body because I wanted it to look more like a crow or a magpie. I then used a brassy color for the beak, pupils and wings and a warm emissive light for the eye.











Concept: For the flashlight model, I struggled with coming up with a flashlight design without it being boring so I finally decided on making a wand-like flashlight instead. My "flashlight" is heavily influenced by the weapons and accessories in the anime Sailor Moon, as such I used a lot of rounded off shapes.

Techniques: I utilized the Polar Array tool to create symmetrical objects orbiting a single point. I also used the curve tool and extrude curve tool to create the ribbon-like shape.

 Materials: For materials, I used shades of pink and gold to follow the Sailor Moon-like scepter concept, since those colors are used routinely throughout the show.


No comments:

Post a Comment