Sunday, January 31, 2016

Christopher Clark: Castle




Concept- For my concept, I wanted to combine two seperate realms of design so they would contrast each other. One side would contain harsh, geometric edges and surfaces, while the other opposed it with spherical, rounded, and overall more organic edges. I portrayed this through having the upper and lower sections represent these organic and geometric styles, respectively, while having them connected by the inner tower.


Modeling Techniques- This was an early modeling assignment, though I attempted to use as many modeling techniques as I could. I used ArrayPolar to create the rings of spheres and towers as well as the mini organic pieces around the center of the piece. I also used BooleanDifference for the etched out middle section of the organic half, as well as other standard techniques like BooleanUnion and Rotate.


Materials- I attempted to differentiate the two sections by having different types of materials for each section. The angular sectino consists of rough metals while the spherical section has a reflective, glossy surface. The square ring around the main topper is also metalic to bring a bit of cohesion into the design and to balance out the overall look.



No comments:

Post a Comment