Sunday, January 31, 2016

Christopher Rickett: Week 2 - Duck


Concept: For this duck model I found myself looking at the rubber duck collection that my roommate has and found that he didn’t have one that looked like a punk duck. I thought it would be fun to create something like that.


Technique:  I used the Select Points Tool to stretch spheres into the basic shapes.  I used curves to split the wings and the beak away from the body and head.  The Blend Surface tool was used to merge the head to the body, as well as connect the wings back to the body to give it a smoother molded shape to the wings.  The Bend tool was used to create angry looking eyebrows.



Materials:  All of the materials used were intended to give it the appearance of a true rubber duck. The Spikes on the head are colored green to best contrast with red of the body. The only material not used in this way was a gold colored nickel material that was applied to the ring that hangs from the tip of the beak.

No comments:

Post a Comment