Monday, February 29, 2016

Devan Mitchell: week 6 detergent

Concept: I was inspired by interesting padded structures like chairs or leather jackets. The relief shapes on the bottle implement this.  

Modeling Techniques: I used sweep 2 for the padded structures, basic shape, and intersecting parts. I used a combination of helix, flow along curve perpendicular, fillet, and boolean difference to create the thread. All edges were then filleted. During filleting, which was the last step, it was clear to me that the basic shape that I had started with had been split in the process of making a sweep 2 because I used too many intersections. I have figured out a better way of using sweep 2 and have learned from this mistake. 

Materials: I used shinny plastic to make my edges pop and for it to appear as though it is a normal household item. 

No comments:

Post a Comment