Sunday, May 1, 2016

Christopher Clark: Pepakura


Statement of Purpose- With this piece, I wanted to design something that had multiple parts. I fugured most designs that come to mind with pepakura are encapsulated forms. I attempted to have a piece that had different pieces, holes, and the appearence that it could be changed.


Design Intent- I decided that the image of an hourglass pouring its contents out into nothingness was such a strong image that resonated with me that I wanted my piece to revolve around it. I wanted to illustrate the feeling that time was absolute and unable to be manipulated. I used half of the hourglass and supported it with wood in a matter thats reminicent of actual hourglass hamdles. I used the cubes to act as the grains of the hourglass, spread out underneath it in a still way, while an observer feels they could easily knock them away, contributing to the feeling of the contents being finite and absoulte.



No comments:

Post a Comment