Wednesday, May 4, 2016

Christopher Rickett - Serial Slice


Concept: For this serial slice project, I wanted to create a structure that, while structurally sound because of the rods and glue holding it together, appeared to be doing a balancing act. What I ended up with was a structure that resembled a rock stack.



Technique: The technique that I used to create this rock was creating 8 different curves and making 2 smaller duplicates of each one. I spread them out from top to bottom at different distances and then lofted them together. The total height came out to just over 10.5". I contoured the model at 1/4" intervals to get the slicing that I wanted.


Material: I chose to go with 1/4" cardboard for this project.  I Liked the dark brown color that it had, and it contrasts nicely with the light wooden base that I had put it on. Overall, I liked the way That it came out and I would like to see how it would would look if I had more slices and made it out of a dark wood and maybe the thickness of 1ply cardboard.

No comments:

Post a Comment