Sunday, May 1, 2016

Thomas Perugini: 3D Print

For my 3D print I was inspired by a game I play called Dark Souls. In the game, there is an item called the Estus Flask, which you drink out of to regain health. This is the image I based my model off of. This was the only image I could find of it and it is quite small and difficult to discern the details.




To model it, I drew a curve that served as a silhouette of the walls of the bottle. This curve was then projected around an axis at 360 degrees. 


 When I took my file to be printed, I originally intended to make it 6 inches tall. However, I made the walls much too thick and it would have used substantially more plastic, making the price about $60. I cut the scale in half, making it 3 inches tall instead. This brought the price to just over $11. The in-game object is meant to be made of dull green glass, and when filled it glows like fire.



No comments:

Post a Comment