Sunday, May 1, 2016

Christopher Clark: Waffle Structure



Statement of Purpose- When developing a concept, I wanted to create something that was related to waffle structures in some way, so the piece helped support the medium and vice versa. With this, I wanted to convey the thought of interlocking pieces and modularity in my design. I decided that gears most closely related to the concept I was attempting to achieve.


Design Intent- I wanted to make the piece modular, so that it could fit with itself if I ever printed more copies. I studied actual gears and how the ends were shaped and attempted to recreate this with curves and booleans. I also wanted the piece to be able to stand on its own, conveying the concept while allowing for thoughts of possibility,





No comments:

Post a Comment