Sunday, May 1, 2016

Thomas Perugini: Waffle Structure

For a long time I was uninspired in what to do for this project. Then I came across some images of retro-futuristic ray guns. I believe this type of style is called "Gothic raygun." It is a bit of a 1940s-1950s prediction of what the technology of the future would look like.



 To create the model I drew a curve for the main body silhouette, and then extruded it around an axis. I then made a curve for the handle and trigger guard, and extruded it. The fin was also a curve that was extruded. The tip was a flat cone object with a sphere at the end. I then used the cut my ribs code to make the outlines for the laser cut.


 I used .25' cardboard for my final product, and I removed more extraneous pieces from the trigger guard and the handle to make it easier to hold. The main body was a little tight, but I got it all together in the end.



No comments:

Post a Comment