Sunday, May 1, 2016

Jung Choi: Pepakura

Concept: I got the concept from the game I am playing called Stardew Valley. It is a game where you are a farmer and you work on building it up. In the game, you are able to raise farm animals such as cows and sheep, and I decided to make a bust of a cow as it was the first animal I purchased in the game.


Modeling Techniques: I wanted to use Maya for this project, but decided to try it using Rhino instead.  I used the interpolate on curves tool to create the shape of the head which I extruded to create a solid object. Then, I created a pyramid object then used the split/trim tools to cut a hole on the bottom of the head as well as cutting off the top of the pyramid. I used the blend surface tool between the bottom of the pyramid and the head to create the connecting areas similar to the technique we used for the duck. To create the horns, I exploded a cylinder and the cones, then deleted the bottoms to make openings to which I used the blend surface tool again. Lastly, I used the mesh from NURBS object to create a polygonal mesh, then used reducepolygons to adjust the number of polygons. 


No comments:

Post a Comment