Monday, May 2, 2016

Devan Mitchell: Laser Engraving, "Amy Dinehouse"

Concept: This assignment is based on a drawing a I did for a graphic novel I'm working on in which the popular musician Amy Winehouse has turn into a zombie. The idea that you you never really appreciate something until its gone or the idea that people never really appreciated her music until she died tragically has a great deal of importance in my inspiration.  

Modeling: The original image was first put into Photo shop to clean up by making it black and white, changing the white balance, and making sure the contrast was ideal for line art tracing. I then imported it into illustrator and used that image to do an image trace. I expanded the lines and exported those to the program for laser engraving. 
Materials: I used a birch wood and this was the result after not finishing the wood. I enjoy the product at this stage more than the wood varnish I used to finish it with. I learned a lot about finishing the wood from this product but overall at this stage I like the quality of the engraving.   

No comments:

Post a Comment