Sunday, May 1, 2016

Eric Lam: Waffle

Concept: For this project I wanted to create a piece where people can walk under. I took inspiration from the picture above. The overall design of my waffle structure follows a wave. This wave is mirrored over to the other side and flipped. When it is connected together, there will be a diagonal opening leading from one edge to the other.
Technique: For this model, I created the first curve in the form of the wave. I then mirrored/ flipped it and used sweep 2 to create the solid. The bottom part was trimmed using boolean difference to create a flat base.

Materials: For the the waffle structure I chose 1 ply cardboard because I felt 2 ply might have been too thick and hard to handle. there was also an issue with model where I had to fold the cardboard a little to make everything slide together. so I was glad I chose 1 ply cardboard.

No comments:

Post a Comment