Sunday, May 1, 2016

Eric Lam: Slots

Concept: This assignment was interesting one. I approached this one as if I were designing lego pieces. I wanted the pieces to have the ability to be connected in multiple ways. They follow the same overall shape, but will have different positioning of slots for joining at different angles.

Technique: I created two circles and a square to create the basic shape. Then I created a bunch of lines passing through the center point of each circle, the square, and anywhere I saw an interesting approach. I then used curveboolean to finalize the design.
Model: For the materials I decided to use 1 ply cardboard because I wanted a thin piece of cardboard, but not as thin as eflute. I was afraid eflute wouldn't have been sturdy enough or thick enough for the slots to "grip" each other.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment