Sunday, April 5, 2015

Brian Uretsky - Lamp


Lamp Project

To begin, I had no idea what my lamp was going to look like. I started out by creating several random designs based on different sources of inspiration.

This design below was inspired by the design of Apple's Mac Pro.








My second design was inspired by one of the examples shown in class. I tried to create a simple triangular lamp shape.







My third design started out as an elongated sphere, but I quickly stopped working on it when I knew I didn't like what it was beginning to look like.






The design below was a personal favorite. I used three spheres stacked on top of each other to create this shape. I would have used this if the parts weren't too big to fit on my single 24x48 sheet of hardboard.





I ended up drawing random round shapes and using the loft command to create my shape.















I particularly like the lack of symmetry. Almost all my projects have been symmetrical and this seems like a nice change.

I used the Section command to create my parts.







To create my pipes, I used the Select Intersection command and OrientOnCurve to move my pipes into place.












Here is my assembled lamp. It is a lot larger in person, and the slots might be just a hair too big, but I am very happy with the shape and the material.


















No comments:

Post a Comment