Monday, April 20, 2015

Jenna Bastian: Week 12 Fox Box

For this project, I used the BoxMaker generator to create a box template with dimensions 23 x 6 x 9 inches. The box is sized so I can store my manga in it. I made the height a bit taller for the ones that are sized differently (Dragon Ball and Star Wars manga). I decided to do an elegant, wind theme with a fox. 

I used the BoxMaker to create the sides of the box. I then went into Adobe Photoshop and used the pen tool to create the swirls and fox shapes, and exported those paths as an Adobe Illustrator file. Then I imported those into Rhino 3D. The blue parts will be cut out, and the red will be engraved onto the 1-ply cardboard. For the cover, I made a slot so I can fit and use a "key" made for the box to open it more easily. 

Assembling the fox box was quite simple. I applied super glue to the slots and fit it quickly to the other edges. I left the top lid unglued and fit the "handle" inside the middle. This will probably hold objects of low weight so the bottom won't fall off. I'm probably going to glue the cut out fox on the back of the box. 

Fox Box Template in Rhino3D

Fox Box complete #1

Fox Box complete #2

Fox Box complete #3


No comments:

Post a Comment