Monday, April 6, 2015

Jenna Bastian: Week 11 Lamp

I will be using a Japanese theme for the lamp project, and it is going to be based off the more traditional architecture. I modeled various designs in Maya and eventually combined two of them to create the final piece. A light yellow lamp shade will probably be put inside the interior of the lamp so the light bulb won't be too bright. It will have a warm color scheme (reds and yellows).

I modeled the lamp structure again in Rhino 3D with the correct dimensions. I used the Split function to cut out holes and slots from the planes and solids. I made sure the slices fit in one 24x48 sheet of plywood, before cutting out the slots. I created a circular lid for each level, which is where the light will be placed. Each lid has a different design. A slot was cut out from the bottom of the model for the wires.

I used .125 inch plywood for this model, the slots cut out were .126 inch wide. The plywood will be painted a glossy dark red and the light can be placed on any of the levels. I may buy either a white or yellow lamp shade material to be rolled up into a cylinder and placed inside to dim the light.

Lamp in Maya #1

Lamp Render in Maya #2

Lamp Slices in Rhino 3D

Lamp Template in Rhino 3D

Lamp Template on my floor

Lamp Complete!



No comments:

Post a Comment