Monday, April 6, 2015

Tanner Mortenson: Week 11 Lamp

For Week 11, we continued the process of brainstorming ideas and shapes to use in our lamp model.
I wanted to start with a more unique shape, so I decided to go with a hexagonal 6-sided pyramid cube. I did this by taking two pyramids, and flipping one to make a 6-sided, cube-like figure. 
I played around with the shape for a while, trying to visualize how a lamp could come out of it.

After several trial and errors, I decided to simplify the shape some more, and decided to pursue a lamp model using a more "grillage" technique, which I think will affect the light in an interesting way.  With the light positioned in the middle, light will be able to shine out both side-vents, and will also project down into the cylindrical shaft of the lamp for a more ambient feel.
Right now I am looking to try Plexi-glass for the construction material.




Final Rhino idea screenshot:




Renderings:




Final Product design:







No comments:

Post a Comment