Sunday, April 5, 2015

Charles Person Waffle Structure

For this project I began thinking of natural structures, starting from honeycombs and ranging to things like tress, crystals and rock formations. After tempering my thought process with the desire to keep the structure simple both to avoid problems with complexity in the waffling process and outside influences I settled on seashell shapes. This brought the added bonus of some recent personal memories.

The main structures of the shape were formed made with simple shapes and Boolean difference. Polar array was for both the indents and holes. The details ended up even more lost in the waffle structure than I thought so for potential future iterations I'll need to go back in and deepen them and add contours around the holes to help them maintain their shape.







No comments:

Post a Comment