Monday, April 13, 2015

Dong lak (Derek) Han | Architectonic-Lamp | Fire, Vase |12weeks

For Lamp project, I want to make a Bear-Bric-Lamp which has a light bulb as a heart. but the model I made has a size problem. It's too big to put in the one sheet.

modeling and how to cut in Rhino


So I change my mind to make a different lamp. I want to make a lamp which makes people more enjoy and have a good time in front of it. and I inspired from campfire.

Campfire in my mind makes me think about good time I spend with my friends.

I used revolve to make a base, and curve to drawing,  extrude curve And I tilted each of them to make a space for light comes out small and array polar for the fire, and then I adjusted each size of fire little bit.   

I used Section for the slice.

modeling and Laser cut in Rhino

Rendering with lines for laser cutting

Rendering with 2D drawing 


complete version and 2D drawing

light on and lines for laser cutting

This light so cool and big I think
but this lamp looks too hot and too strong to use bedroom. 
So I made the other one which is more warm and peaceful.

I wanted to make a vase with flowers. 
The reason I choose the vase is my customer (my wife) loves flowers and I hope my bedroom more fresh.




Modeling with Rhino and layering

I used cylinder, tilt and boolean different for the vase.
and then line, extrude curve, rotate and array polar instead of dividing section for the coulombs.  

and I used section for the horizontal one

lines for the laser cutting


Problem while making notches



Some of notches doesn't came out after I used the script.
So I make them my hand one by one.




Rendering 1



rendering 2


redering 3



vase assembly



coloring and light off



light off







1 comment: