Sunday, April 12, 2015

Zachariah Miller Week 12: Architectonic Lamp

For my lamp, I wanted to simulate the idea of a torch or brazier with fire coming out of it. I modeled out some fire in Maya, exported it into Rhino, and made the brazier. I then used the section tool to make the slices for the grillage of the lamp. 


I then stuck rods into the model to create the slots required to put the model together. Using the intersect command to make guide lines and then orienting the poles on the guides.


 Using the "Massive Unroll" scripts, I then put the slices into a 24x48 section, and colored them according to the laser cutter protocol. 


Finally, I exported out the files to Keyshot, where I made the 'fire' slots red to symbolize the fire, and the rest a hammered gold to look like an older brazier.

I also used the Make2D command to export out the orthographic view of the torch. I made it blue to resemble a blueprint.



1 comment:

  1. add the cut sheet to your second rendering to complete the post

    ReplyDelete