Friday, April 17, 2015

Michael Prestidge: Architectonic Lamp

For my lamp, I began by making some different shapes and deciding which one I liked best. After a couple different iterations, I knew that I wanted my lamp to include legs so it had some height. After a few more designs, I settled on this cauldron-looking design. Once I had the design, I followed along with Professor Scott's tutorial videos on creating the waffle structures using pipes to create the notches. Most of the process was similar to the other waffle structure with the obvious exception of the notches. I liked how clean the end result was for the pipes, and the process itself wasn't too bad. After looking at the finished piece and playing around with the KeyShot materials, I am happy with how the final renders came out.





No comments:

Post a Comment