Friday, April 17, 2015

Cicely Miller: Lamp Jupiter_Assignment 9

My lamp design is inspired by planet Jupiter.  It goes well with my planetarium waffle model.  Even though Jupiter has three rings, I decided to make more rings for support.

I first started by building my model in 3D Max.  Then I imported it into Rhino where I applied Boolean Difference command to create a four inch hole. Next, I created my vertical and horizontal slices and pipes.  Once my pipes were created, I used the split command to create notches. 

After modeling, I used the two scripts called cut my ribs and massive unroll.  Once this was completed, I colored my numbers red, regrouped and laid out the individual pieces on a rectangle plane 48x24.  I used two different materials for my KeyShot renders.  The materials used in rendering were wood and metal.  In my final construct, I used MDF .216 board.

















No comments:

Post a Comment