Monday, October 30, 2017

Elizabeth Garvey: Week 10 Cardboard Ball

 Concept
The idea of this project initially came from the faun from Pan's Labyrinth. I wanted to make the horns resemble the shapes of a ram, while keeping it rather low res. Initially I planned to make ears, but ran out of time.







Technique
First I modeled out the horns in Maya, and then I reduced the number of polygons so I could transfer the files into pepakura easier. After that I took the files directly into pepakura so it could be deconstructed. After this I sent the files off to be laser cut. The finishing touches were assembling the pieces  with hot glue( they came to me in a big pile) , and later painting it. I later glued it to a hair band for support.








Materials
Hot glue , hair band, acrylic paint ,  gold leaf, cardboard, patience

No comments:

Post a Comment