Tuesday, October 31, 2017

Scott Choi - Week 10 cardboard ball

Concept:

For this assignment , I wanted to create the energy sword weapon from the game series Halo. I designed the model to be smaller in scale compared to what a real one should be due to the unbalanced design.


Techniques:
I modeled the sword in Maya. I used two polygon cubes and extruded them to create the two blades. I added in edge loops to create the bends I needed. I then got a polygon sphere, deleted half of the faces, and extruded from the cut side to create half of the sword handle. Once I modeled one half, I simply mirrored it across the x-axis to create the other half. After reducing the poly count to a reasonable amount, I sent my model into Pepakura to unfold. Then, I sent the pepakura file to Rhino to finalize my file with color coded cut lines and numbers for laser cutting.



Materials:
This project was created out of eflute cardboard. I used loctite and hot glue to assemble the weapon after attaching every piece. I added some color by applying some primer and blue metallic spray paint.



No comments:

Post a Comment