Sunday, October 8, 2017

Klarissa Austin - 3D Printing

Concept:

The character used for this project is one owned by myself. I intended to use him for this project as he is a character made of relatively simple shapes, and therefore would not be overtly complicated to model. He is also mostly comprised of round shapes, which made him easier to model with NURBs methods, which I have grown fond of. The 3D print was intended to serve as a reference when I later make him out of clay for a personal project.
A2- 040 Long Board by TheAnubianEmpire
Technique:

I used mostly sphere shapes to create the base for this project. I then went in and edited the control points to make him more the shape I needed. I did not bother with details such as the thin fins on the back and ears, as those would likely have not survived printing due to thickness. I attempted to make the ruff around his neck, but was unfortunately unable to get it to work in a manner that would mesh with the rest of the model. My biggest issue was time. Due to a hectic life, I was unable to finish the model in an amount of time that would allow me to print him before the deadline.



Material:

As this is a model intended to be a character, I had no intention of having multiple materials on him, as he is all just covered with the same type of skin. Had I been able to print the model, I would have painted him in a fashion like the image above, with the exception of the gradients, which would have been changed to either a solid while or a solid yellow.

No comments:

Post a Comment