Tuesday, October 31, 2017

Valeria Cavazos - Week 10: Cardboard Ball

Concept:
       I wanted to make a low polygon dinosaur skull but I was not sure for the color scheme. One weekend, I got bored and created a dragon egg, like the example below, and decided to relate the dinosaur skull with the egg through color scheme and differ through the shapes used.
Not the actual egg I created, but similar.
   
Technique:
       I got the dinosaur skull from the 3D database in the 3D Studio and lowered the polygon count in Rhino to create a low polygon shape. After getting it to a good polygon count, I uploaded it to Pepakura and sliced the figure to print out in cardstock. When the model was printed and assembled, I painted the entire outer layer blue and picked random polygons to paint in the nail polish, making sure that it wasn't concentrated on one area more than others. 
Rhino model


Pepakura

Materials:
       The materials I used were cardstock, acrylic paint, nail polish with a similar shade of blue and a few layers of Krylon Glitter Blast Clear Sealer. And the egg was made using styrofoam and thumb tacks painted with nail polish.


No comments:

Post a Comment