Monday, October 30, 2017

Michael Zink: Week 10 Cardboard Ball

Concept:
    

     I already had a costume for Halloween when this project started, so I decided to add a prop to go along with it. My original costume was a plague doctor so I decided to create a scythe mixed with the medical symbol to represent the plague doctor's themes of death and medicine.

Techniques:

     I created the scythe in Maya by starting with a cylinder and using the extrude tool to make the base shape that I wanted. Then I used the smooth tool in order to give it the rounded form I was looking for. I then used the reduce tool to lower the number of polygons I had from about 80,000 to 300. I created the snake in the exact same manner.


Materials:

     The scythe is made out of cardboard and glued together with foam on the inside to prevent it from collapsing in on itself. The snake is made out of papier-mâché with a plastic tube in the center of it to give it support. Once both parts were finished, I made small holes in the cardboard to connect the snake to it with wires.



    

No comments:

Post a Comment