Wednesday, October 11, 2017

RaiLei Girard - 3D Print Fall 2017

Content:


I based my 3D print off of my castle from the first project in the course. It is based off of an actual castle  in East Sussex, UK. It's a medieval castle known as Bodiam castle. Mine has a few unrealistic touches, such as the towers, however with Halloween coming up, I thought it would be a cute addition to my miniature Halloween town.



Technique:


First, I had to minimize my original castle design so it would fit on the 3D printer. With the size restrictions I had to remove some of the finer details, such as the decorations around the tops of the towers and walls. Then I simply had to format it and print. The printing process for mine took sixteen hours to complete.



Materials:


The material I chose what polylacticacid (PLA). This is a type of plastic that my 3D printer uses in the form of spools. I chose this material because it is safe, durable, and good for painting or using to make workable pieces.

No comments:

Post a Comment