Tuesday, October 10, 2017

Thanvi Bogurampeta - 3D Printing

Concept: 

For my design, I drew inspiration from little robots that act as planters. I based the rest of my design on a farmer, more agricultural vibe to really tie in the whole plant theme.



Techniques:

I first started the base of my design in Rhino and then moved to Maya to finish some edges and cut the hole in the head of the robot. I used BooleanUnion and FilletEdge to help smooth out the sides of the base and the robot head. I then re-imported the design into rhino to check for naked edges.



Materials:

For this model, my choice of material was crucial to realize its full potential, which is why i made the decision to use something ceramic to give it a modern look. Looking at the options and prices, of the materials available I found Gloss Celadon Green Porcelain to be the best choice in this situation.





No comments:

Post a Comment