Tuesday, October 31, 2017

David Rake Week 10: Cardboard Ball

Concept:
    I had started working on this costume prior to this Halloween as I have wanted to build it for over a year but was deciding on wether or not to do full dress up attire or not. I decided to make the mask and a more casual clothing arrangement for the character Cayde-6 from the game Destiny.



Techniques: 
    Using an already built model that I rebuilt in Rhino to fix some errors in the model I 3D printed it. I Sealed the mask and Painted 2-3 coats on each piece of the desired colors. I later went back and painted on diluted black acrylic and wiped it off to weather it. The Mask was printed in four separate pieces which with minimal sanding was able to slot together and glue in place. As for the clothes I bought a gray hoodie, jeans, and yellow converse. On the gray hoodie I first painted on a white spade, a signifying symbol of the character. Later on I marked some red insignia on the side of the hood and made a line down the left arm. No changes were made to the pants. On the shoes on the outward facing side of both shoes a gray circle was painted along with a white spade on top.


Materials:
    3d Printed with PLA, 6 total colors of acrylic used between the mask and other clothes. Underneath the mask is a see-through mesh with velcro attached to it, the hoodie, and the mask to keep them all in place. Cotton Hoodie, Denim Jeans, and Converse Shoes.

No comments:

Post a Comment