Sunday, October 8, 2017

Michael Zink - 3D Printing

     For my project, I decided to continue on my castle project so that I would have the most time possible to paint the model, which I believed at the start of the project to be the most time consuming part of it.
     I had to make some changes to the model in order to get it ready to be printed, mainly adding a base to the model and scaling it down. I also decided to add some more detail to the model by adding a second tier to the model and placing many small structures onto it to give a better sense of scale to the whole model. I then connected the two portions with three cylinders in order to more evenly distribute the weight the second tier would add.

     I decided to continue the general theme of the model and extended many of the materials I already used onto the new section I added. However, I did add darker materials to the small building on the second tier in order to create more contrast between the two tiers, specifically in the difference between the dark roofs of the second tier, and the gold roofs of the first.

     When I was painting the model I tried my best to stay true to the colors and textures I used on the model. I decided to paint the connecting cylinders and base of the model black to try and show that they were only designed to hold the model together and were not a part of the model themselves.


No comments:

Post a Comment