Monday, December 12, 2016

Darrius "Will" Williams- Big Frankie Final Project


For my pepikura model and serial sliced model I used the Bust model from the previous project. after is was sliced, taped and resined I added plumbers epoxy in the eye, lip and corner areas for more detail and resealing spots. I chose to keep more of the deeper recesses of the resin coat to give myself more to work with in the paint and mold making part of my process.













I primarily wanted a mold for future use of the model as well as to make test models to paint before i painted the bust and a future mask I want to make.







 I went with a black base coat with a layer of pink for undertones then burnt yellow and magenta for random highlights under the top layer. And a top coat of of to alternating greens as well as silver in neck wounds and mouth.



For my pepikura model I took my 500,00+ model and decimated it down to a model of 708 polygons, then checking it in rhino to break it down in pepikura.



It came out to 104 pieces.  Yay!!!





One of the pieces was cut off instead of mount line cuts. so i fixed it using a few cuts of printmaking paper(really strong paper) and made new flaps to install in the back.



Now assemblef and taped. I used two coats of wood shellac to prime and seal for paint.





                                                     I used two coats  of hammered copper paint.after it was dry i used expanding foam to add some rigidity to the neck.














No comments:

Post a Comment