Saturday, December 3, 2016

timothy smiley skateboard .


original design
before 
after

concept
I really like Celtic design in all its facets. ancient pattern and design is so beautiful to me that I had to learn how to do the knot patterns. So I did some research in their construction and used the basic principles of the design to make my own symbols. It was really fun coming up with the design.

technique
I used illustrator to make the designs that I used for the engrave. I raster engraved the pattern onto the board to make it deep.

I sanded the hell out of my board because it started out as a boring white pine and I stained it to be a darker oak like color. I used black spray paint mixed with the stain to highlight the grain and add age to the wood. It took many coats but the end result looks really good.


materials

I got a pine skateboard for my engrave. I would have preferred another darker wood but with a little extra work i got it were i wanted it.

No comments:

Post a Comment