Sunday, December 4, 2016

Sarah Roberson: 3D Scanned Object


Concept Image


Clay Sculpture

Concept:
So once again, my concept was based on a drawing that I did. The drawing is a dragon version of 
Starscream from Transformers. I really love dragons and so I loosely based my sculpture off of it. Since the sculpture was loosely based it doesn't look exactly like him, but it still looked awesome enough for me to be able to scan it. 



Polygonal Mesh


Nurbs Mesh


Feature Following Mesh


10,000 Polygon Mesh Inside Rhino

So I didn't realize we needed a picture with the different poly counts or a picture of the scans, so I just have pictures of it inside of Rhino, and it inside of rapid works. The top image is it with the polygonal mesh. The second one was the Nurbs mesh and the third is the feature following. For the Rhino image I used a 10,000 poly-count mesh to import it as well as to put it inside of Keyshot.


Keyshot Image

Technique:
So then fun part about doing Keyshot is the parts where we get to put it inside a scene. I really had fun positioning the shadows and when I added the floor reflections, it seemed to fit right in. I also edited the color of the metal to be able to match the room that I took a picture of. 

Materials:
So for the materials inside of Keyshot, I used a brushed aluminum for the texture. I wanted to go with a metal because I really liked the way it looked inside of the ATEC building because every sculpture inside was white and made of cardboard so I wanted to break the mold. I also picked this particular area of the ATEC building because there isn't really anything in there and it just looked empty. 

Clay

Softwares:
3D Scanner
Scan Studio
Rapidworks
Keyshot

No comments:

Post a Comment