Sunday, December 4, 2016

Niveda Subramanian: 3D Scanned Object

Dragon Clay Model (Made by Sarah Roberson)
Nurbs Mesh

Feature Following Mesh

10,000 Polygon Mesh Rhino Model


Water Drinking Dragon Statue

Camouflaged Dragon

Concept:

Initially I was very unsure on how to 3D scan an object, and how to approach this assignment. Thankfully I was able to partner up with another one of my classmates, Sarah, to work on this project. She had already had her object made, and it was a clay model of a dragon. We both had some troubles figuring out how to scan the object, but atlas we were able to make it work.

Technique;

We used the 3D scanner to digitally configure the clay model. This was a tedious process, but didn't take as long as was expected. Then, for my keyshot rendering I decided to take a picture of the walkway fountain at the UTD campus. I decided to have two different perspectives of the dragon.I really liked the angle where its mouth was touching the water, because in a way it looking like the dragon was drinking water. I thinking having a statue like that in the middle of a fountain would like very aesthetically pleasant. In keyshot, I tried making the dragon a simple color and texture as the water, but not enough for it to blend in. I used a dark blue tint for the dragon, but changed it into a liquid texture and increased the transparency to get this effect. My second keyshot rendering depicts the dragon coming out of the water. This angle worked very well because the model of the dragon was only till its neck to begin with. I played with the effects on this model, and got it to wear the dragon was reflecting the water and the scenery surrounding it. I named it the camouflage dragon. because of how well it blends in with its surroundings.

Materials:

For this project we used Rhino and Keyshot to edit and render the dragon. Within keyshot, I used the axalta feature and liquid texture to get the effect I wanted for the dragon. I also used a picture of the fountain walkway of the UTD campus for my background.

No comments:

Post a Comment