Saturday, December 3, 2016

Corrina Spurlin: Box Project






Concept:
I aimed to keep my theme of flower design going, as it is simple yet complicated, which I appreciate. I combined the flowery look with the symmetrical aesthetic of mandala (as can be seen by the design on the inside bottom of the box). All of the designs used on the box were originally created in Adobe Illustrator.

Techniques:
The main tools I used were in Illustrator. I utilized the shape and pens tools, while creating the symmetrical repeating patterns with the radial tool. I also used the halftone effect to give the raster engraved flowers on two of the sides a hatched look.

Materials:
I was originally going to use wood I purchased, but due to type of wood combined with sizing complications, I was unable to do so. As substitute I used cardboard. The cardboard is fairly sturdy and works well for the elements that were cut through, however, on the designs that are raster engraved it can be a little difficult to see.

No comments:

Post a Comment