Monday, March 9, 2020

Aleena Mir: Flashlight

Concept:
For my flashlight sleeve, I wanted to replicate a rose.


Process: 
I started out with a template provided by Professor Scott to get the correct dimensions and created my curve. I revolved my curve to create the body of the sleeve. Then I made the petals with a separate curve and cage edit to replicate a petal. I tried to make it thicker with offset surface, however it only created a shell. (After completing the project, I later figured out how to make it thicker, but by then, I had already printed it). I then placed the petals in the correct place using box edit and trimmed the overlapping areas. To add the bolts, I used the sphere tool and placed them all around the border. To create the lines in the base, I boolean joined two spheres to a cylinder and then boolean differenced them from the base.








Materials: 
For my materials, I used red velvet for the petals to replicate the delicacy and texture of actual petals. For the base, I used white porcelain to create a sleek texture. The bottom base is black marble, to make it sturdy and hold up the flower, replicating a vase. The bolts and ridges are copper metal to create a clean aesthetic.


Model: 
I 3D printed my model with white PLA material. The petals of the model came out patchy and flimsy, however I feel that this adds emphasis to the delicacy of the flower. It still is durable enough to use. 






No comments:

Post a Comment