Monday, March 9, 2020

Delaney Conroy Render Passes

Concept: I wanted to work from my 3D model, but instead of using the exact same model, I returned to the original shape. I removed the hole and flat base and further tessellated the faces and played with that until I got a shape I liked.


Techniques: I used layer effects, as well as combinations of passes in order to create these images. For the first, I let the smooth specular pass, as well as the wireframe take the forefront, while in the second, the rough specular pass and diffuse had much more of the focus. For the third image, I reflected after class and pushed myself to make something less conservative and place this object into a reality. For this I manipulated the wireframe and diffuse layers more to emphasize the inward tessellations while washing out the exterior, creating a glowing, lantern like object.
Materials: The materials depended on the pass I ran in Keyshot, but overall the model had a chrome base which I loved the reflections from.




No comments:

Post a Comment