Saturday, March 14, 2020

Nikki Chauhan: Flashlight


Concept: For my flashlight, I wanted to create a bit of an abstract rose look with thorns.


Process: My process consisted of using the template and started by creating the curves that are the design of the thorns and the base thorn/stand design using the curves:interpolate tool to draw out the shapes I wanted. I used the revolve tool to revolve each piece by the amount I wanted and then capped the individual pieces. I then used ArrayPolar to evenly distribute copies of the pieces around the base cylinder. I then created the top piece and the other petal pieces using the same process and used the join command to make sure everything was together.

Materials: I chose to use Metallic Paint for the Petal/Rose pieces to give it a bit of a shine while also leaving it in a durable material. I did the thorn pieces and the base piece in Cloudy plastic which gives it a nice shine and reflects light beautifully. The central cylindrical piece was done in simple plastic to give it a basic finish and not overwhelm the rest of the piece.



No comments:

Post a Comment