Monday, March 2, 2020

Bayang Flores: Project 2 (3D Print)

CONCEPT
For my project, I wanted to try and create an infinitely looping structure similar to a mobius strip that can be used as a sculpture or some sort of art installation. TopMod is really well suited to creating infinite loop models so I thought this to be a good fit for the assignment.


PROCESS
To create the mobius strip, I started with a cube and extruded the faces so that it extended into a cross. Afterwards, I used the "create handle" tool and played around with the different segment amounts and weights to create the first halves of the loops. After finishing the top half, I deleted the cube bases and connected the bottom halves of loops together. The program crashed quite a bit during this process, so I had to start over time and time again. 


MATERIALS
Since this was intended to be an art installation, I used a rainbow metal brush on the model to make it look more lively. I chose this hangar environment to emulate a type of modern art display, although I considered putting it in a playground as well. 

No comments:

Post a Comment