Sunday, March 8, 2020

Rahul Nair: Artistic 3D Render

Concept:
I decided to combine my hammer and flashlight projects in order to create a sort of arm mounted hammer weapon thing. The handle of the hammer fits inside the flashlight sleeve like a glove, so all that was left was for me to decide how I wanted it to look. The two versions I created utilize both source materials' color palettes. The green one is similar to the Metroid gun arm colors and the silver one is more like the Overwatch metal colors.


Procedure:
For both, I created a back wall model in Rhino which is simply 3 overlapping cubes that create a corner. This allowed me to comfortably use the LA night time lighting environment without just a black background. Then, I applied metallic materials all throughout on the actual weapon while also occasionally modifying the settings to get it to look right. The background I made into a red anodized metal, similar to the environments in the game its based on. Then, for the second render, I made the floor into glass so there would be ample reflections, reworked the lighting and swapped out the materials to give it a more refined look.

No comments:

Post a Comment